Genocide Survivors Foundation’s Activity Highlights
Although GSF is a relatively new organization with no paid staff, we are proud of what we have been able to accomplish thus far in our two programmatic areas: (1) Genocide prevention education and advocacy and (2) Supporting Survivors.
Some of our accomplishments thus far include the following:
- Covering some healthcare needs of a genocide survivor who was a victim of multiple gang rapes and other violent acts during the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda and as result became severely disabled.
- Providing housing and other daily needs for a genocide widower in Rwanda.
- Supported two trauma healing retreats for women genocide survivors in Rwanda.
- Provided university educational supplies for a young genocide survivor in Rwanda.
- Connected USA based genocide survivors to healthcare resources for treatment of wounds suffered during the 1994 genocide in Rwanda.
- Connected a USA based genocide survivor who was a victim of domestic abuse to legal resources.
- Helped a genocide survivor come to the United States after she won the U.S diversity visa lottery.
- Participated in a number of genocide prevention education and awareness programs at schools, churches, conferences and at holocaust and genocide educational centers.
- Co-sponsored two events on sexual violence during genocide and other mass atrocity crimes.
- Spoke out against modern day displays of racism, anti-Semitism and expressions of genocide ideology such desecration of genocide memorials, Jewish cemeteries and displays of hate such as the recent rally by white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Spoke out and continuing to call on the international community to stop modern day mass atrocity crimes such as those currently being committed against the Rohingya people in Myanmar.
- Paid for the cost of three survivors to purse vocational training, including cost of tuition, travel and educational materials.
- Covered one survivor’s last year of university education.
- Organized several annual commemoration programs for the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi in Rwanda.
- Provided healthcare support for one survivor based in USA.
We are very proud of what we accomplished thus far but have larger goals which we know we can accomplish with your help.
In addition to continuing our genocide prevention education and advocacy work, with enough funding, we hope to provide support to survivors in the following areas:
- Providing educational scholarships to vulnerable young survivors.
- Building homes for and providing other social services to vulnerable survivors including elderly survivors whose children and spouses were murdered during the 1994 genocide.
- Supporting income generating activities for vulnerable genocide survivors.
Please consider a contribution to Genocide Survivors Foundation to help us continue our important and urgent work. GSF is a 501(c) (3) not-for profit organization and all donations are tax-deductible.